Wednesday, September 2, 2009

True Friendship



I can tell you first hand growing up as an only child is really interesting.  Once an adult, I can admit, being stingy is hard to break out of. Also learning to depend on others is twice as difficult.  With no brothers or sisters to be accountable to or for we drift as loners who are only responsible for themselves.  I can only speak for myself of course but if you agree please by all means jump in...) Friends are sometimes hard to identify when so many have gone in and out of my life.  I guess for the most part the ones who can tolerate my "on/off" style of communication remain and those who can't take it decide to vanish.  Truth be told we're all adults here and we all know that life goes on for another whether you are there to witness or not.  As kids we could remember to call the best friend who lived two doors down or better yet we knew we'd see them in class the next school day for sure.

However true friendship never ceases. No matter how much time goes by and no matter how many words are not spoken a friendship that is genuine and rooted in truth will always be. A true friendship knows no end.

2 comments:

Brutha Aminifu said...

Peace, MC Lyte, I will like to make a comment to your, "True Friendship", but first off, I would like to say; "I have been one of your many supporters in music, keep up the hard work, that you put out".

I have watched my mother; who is the only chid born from her parents, come up supporting herself. She has always been; independant, private, and strong (for her size; which is, small :)).

She has had many friends; friends that she had "beef" with, and friends who were "so-called", got her back. She will let us know, who she is not talking too, and who can she trust. I've learned alot from her, and my sisters too.

But, all-n-all, the friends she had "beef" with, are the friends who knows her, till this day.

I have learned, if there are friends of mine that are "so-called", I'll make them my associates. You know, "I'll just know them", sort of speak. My true friends are low in numbers, and when I see them, man, it's like "the first time we met". Smile. Thanks for letting me share.

JaVonna said...

Feeling this! I can relate to a lot of what you've said concerning being an only child as well as friendship.