Sunday, September 6, 2009

THrowback!!!!


 

All my career I've heard, "It's who you know, now what you know" and I've always had the idea that that statement wasn't entirely true.  I believe you better know something by the time your path meets with someone who can do something with what you know.  In other words Lord forbid you meet the right person that could actually help you yet at the time you know absolutely nothing about what you should have known a long time ago. lol  Ok I'm getting this but I need to be certain that you are so let me break it down one mo time. There is one saying I've heard throughout my life and it seems to fit this occasion perfectly.  It is, there is no such thing as luck, it is being prepared when the opportunity knocks.

All of that say is my involvement with this song was all about being in the right place at a time where my talent was at a stage where it mattered.  Trust me there were some auditions that happened earlier on in my career where I absolutely stunk. Once finding out that acting wasn't so easy (at least for me it wasn't) I went and studied with a few different coaches to perfect the craft.  Years later I auditioned for a film that was never shot however the "would be director" loved my audition and wanted to use me for something at some point in the future.  
 
The same person that was impressed by my work at the audition later became one of the executive producers of the film Fighting Temptation and offered me an opportunity to participate in this song and video.  In the end...yes it is who you know but it's what you know that even gets them interested.

2 comments:

Nika Read said...

Thats a hot club joint

Nika Read said...

Lyte that was a powerful piece....
In life we cannot have something for nothing, because we gotta have something. And to get something we have to be willing to have nothing...and willing to get something. Masterpieces emerge on the canvas of nothingness...

But it take a skilled painter formed by the hands of time and willingness to bring it into existence...

Peace

"Nam myoho renge kyo"