Friday, August 28, 2009

Def JAM

Banana, (yes I meant to make that singularly)..lol I looked up today and had a whole 21 followers. Not 12, not 15, but 21. That's blackjack baby! Speaking of Blac Jac he's the guy that's produced Hip Hop Honors since it's been in existence however I spoke to him last week and he's not involved with the show this year. Unfortunately I probably won't be either seeing it is DEF JAM's year.


Russell Simmons will be there no doubt with partner in crime Rick Rubin. Wow, when I look back at all those two men bought to us it's truly amazing. Let's recount LL Cool J, PE, SLick Rick, The Beastie Boys, Jay Z, Method Man & Redman, The Boss, Onyx, wow the list goes on and on. There's even more to be told as Island/Def Jam's roster boasts some of today's hottest artists like Fabolous, The Dream, Rick Ross, Mariah Carey, Jeremih and Young Jeezy. Then of course we'd have to look at Rush Management that handled some our classic favorites like Eric B and Rakim, Run DMC, Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince and so many others. I'm sure it's going to be a blow out show and I will be watching from wherever I am.

Long live the true inspiration of hip hop artistry....DEF JAM!!!!

No comments: