Sunday, January 23, 2011

Accomplishments

If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done. Be sure to stay busy and plant a variety of crops, for you never know which will grow- perhaps they all will.
Ecclesiastes 11:4, 6

I chose to include the above mentioned scripture because it holds so true for me and what has allowed me to grow in the entertainment business. This premise alone has shaped my way of thinking and because of it I've defied any box created to stifle the growth of an artist.

When I made the decision that I wanted to be a voice over talent what I didn't want to do was show up thinking I knew it all. I had a step by step plan and I was open and ready to receive.

My eagerness spoke volumes to everyone around me that I chose to share my vision with. Through the process I learned you will not receive help if you do not share what it is you're after with others.

I shared my hopes of becoming a VO talent with a good friend of mine in 1997. He was generous enough to introduce me to his agent at one of the most prestigious voice over agencies. I immediately enrolled in a VO class preparing myself for the moment I would meet the entire agency.

I was completely ready when I signed on with CESD and there was no turning back. Of course I called and acknowledged my dear friend, Malcolm Jamal Warner, for assisting me with my mission.

Discover all of the things you love to do and never feel as if you can only accomplish ONE thing!

Get out and make it happen!!

Your sister,
Lyte
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

DaVida Chanel said...

Thank you for sharing! I sometimes let me ego stop me from sharing my desires with people bc I feel like I should do it on my own "when the time is right." This is further confirmation I should change that pattern. Great post!

Jewell said...

I deeply appreciate you sharing this blog. This touches me and inspires me to begin to share what I hold inside.
Best Regards,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

When you continue to be a student of life, your anointing is never hindered! To continue to move and acknowledge God first, is visually and spiritually blessed to see an individual who has accomplished so many things, continue to go and press forward! This is greatly celebrated! Duchess Arrita Robinson

x SORAYA x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyric said...

Wow this post is amazing. I try to stick to my own motto of all things "PR" and I find myself being pulled toward other areas but not moving because of fear.

Thank you so much...