Thursday, August 5, 2010

Don't take it Personal

Don Miguel Ruiz said it best in his best seller, The Four Agreements.


"Don't take anything personally - Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering"

Why get your pants up in a bunch because you weren't invited to the party? OR get huffy because the jerk you held the door for didn't say a mere thank you! OR your friend forgot your other friend sent a message thru the first friend to call and so you never did and now you appear to be the non-communicative ass-hole.

Though it may be extremely difficult to see someone else's actions totally independent of YOU it just so happens people are moving through their own lives that are filled with ups and downs and everything between. Nothing anyone does to you is because of just you.

Live love!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love U SIS!! I second that emotion. I am learning that to be true indeed.

Creativity,
Sandra Small

sandrasmall.com

Ms.T said...

Although it's very rare it never cease to amaze me how I can stumble upon something which sums up the beginning of my day, it never fails! I woke up today with a heavy heart because I lost my dad last year December and this has become normal for me for the last 6-7 months. So I'm use to it as crazy as it may sound.

Now since his passing I've tired to avoid all stresses because death brings about major change, especially when it's someone near and dear to your heart. So stress is a no no ( at least I try to stay clear of it) but this morning evil lurked and someone I knew since I was 13 years old (I'm 35 now)had the audacity to accuse me of something I would never do. I was completely floored and taken a back! So what happens, I begin to let it take over me for a few moments and then dispensed of it. I felt comfortable in doing so because it wasn't the worst thing in the world and I know who I am and what I do. Then I find out via Twitter that you have a blog so I decided to come over and check it out because I know your stance on positivity, women and self-accomplishment. And what do I discover? Something wonderful that speaks to my heart....thanks Ms. Lyte for speaking to my heart this afternoon. Much Love